Friday, February 15, 2013

No Facebook - Day 1

Staring yesterday, I gave up Facebook. I had no reason too, just put it down to boredom. I did not delete my account, however just got off it. Right now I have kept a target of a month. Let's see how it goes.

Those who know me, will also know what a technology freak I am. I cannot live without my smartphone and the compulsive need that I have to keep checking should I miss a single update. This got me thinking what update? I don't need to know what you are doing. Where you are partying. And how drunk you are. Or that your child has burped for the first time.

So when I posted my last bye-bye update this is what a few people had to say








Facebook is much a part of our lives. And I am not even from the generation who grew up with it. I was simply an early adopter. I think Facebook has been a part of my life the last 5 years.

This blog will now come to be a log of my daily rambling and survival techniques without Facebook. I know am sounding dramatic but yea sometimes it's just not possible to live without it.

So yes, starting yesterday there we like a million times I almost typed www.face... and pressed enter as it appeared in my cached dropdown. Damn! And almost every 10 minutes I checked my phone, on am impulse was going to click the Facebook button.

If you wondering if I got any of them withdrawal symptoms. Hell, yes!
And today morning I am still wondering what you could have been upto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...